MU Extension is excited to announce the inaugural "Creating Entrepreneurial Communities (CEC) Conference" happening on September 29 and 30, 2021, in Hannibal, MO!
This is a non-traditional conference organized by the University of Missouri in partnership with Hannibal area leadership. The conference will be held in downtown Hannibal and the sessions are hosted at local businesses. Local leaders and entrepreneurs will highlight their best practices for fostering a culture of entrepreneurship to drive economic development in Missouri communities.
Entrepreneurial communities are those cities, neighborhoods, or townships that are continuously working to develop an environment that fosters entrepreneurship to promote community economic development. They have created networks, cultures, resources, and policies that enable invention, innovation, and entrepreneurship to succeed.
The conference aims to create, connect, and promote community economic revitalization through entrepreneurship as a driver for economic growth across communities in Missouri where entrepreneurs and innovators flourish and are celebrated!
Join other like-minded leaders and learn best practices to promote economic development, innovation, and foster entrepreneurship in your community. Breakout sessions are held in local businesses and venues, giving participants a unique way to learn and experience host communities.
What to expect…
- The conference will feature a keynote speaker, panel discussions, and breakout sessions on a variety of topics including:
- Downtown Beautification & Tourism
- Resources for Economic Development
- Regional Topics – Housing, Broadband, Childcare
- Diversity & Youth
- Entrepreneurship & Ecosystem Building
- Workforce Development
- Arts & Culture
- This is an opportunity to network and learn about what other communities are doing differently to promote economic development and the quality of life for their residents.
Who should attend?
- The attendees will include economic developers, policymakers, local government leaders, chamber of commerce, regional planning commissions, main street, entrepreneurs, and community champions among others.
- We encourage communities to send teams of individuals to collaborate post-conference on the implementation of knowledge gained.
When & Where is it? How much?
- Hannibal, Missouri
- September 29 & 30, 2021
- The conference will be held over a two-day period with an overnight stay in local accommodations.
- A block of rooms has been reserved at a special rate for Creating Entrepreneurial Communities through August 30.
Best Western on the River is located at 401 N. 3rd Street, Hannibal, MO 63401
- $85 (includes meals during the conference); $100 after August 15, 2021
Where can you find more information?
Bring Others With You
We encourage you to invite your coworkers, colleagues, community leaders, entrepreneurs, and other local stakeholders. Whether you work in economic development, government, business, arts and culture, education, the nonprofit sector, or philanthropy, you have an important part to play in supporting local businesses and entrepreneurial development in communities. There is something for everyone!