Park Hills Summer Concert Series 2017 - Concert 5
The Park Hills Parks & Recreation Department & First State Community Bank are excited to announce the fifth of six concerts slated for the 2017 Park Hills Summer Concert Series!
Join us at the Columbia Park Amphitheater from 7-9 p.m. on Friday, July 28, 2017, as we welcome "Roy Whaley's Country Rock Revival Featuring the Ambush Band" to the stage!
Roy Whaley's Country Rock Revival Featuring the Ambush Band
Country, Pop, Rock, & Ballads | Find Them On Facebook
For more than 50 years, Roy Whaley and his band, Ambush, have performed countless shows over the Southeast Missouri area.
A local entertainer for over fifty years, Roy joined his first band, the Aristocrats, in 1958. He formed his own band, Ambush, in the 1970s. Since then, he has become a local celebrity, with a long line of musicians and friends performing with him over the years.
A great many musicians in the area credit Roy for giving them their start in the music business.
Roy has shared the stage with performers such as Connie Smith at Tootsie’s in Nashville; his band, Ambush, has opened for many regional and national acts during Farmington’s Country Days festival for the past thirteen years.
For 35 years, Ambush has faithfully performed for the Desloge Eagles’ Heart Fund concerts.
Although the lineup for Roy’s bands has changed over the years, one thing remains the same: you are assured a night of quality entertainment from some of the finest musicians Missouri has to offer. You will hear your favorite mix of Country, Pop, Rock, Ballads and maybe a surprise guest or two at one of Roy’s concerts!
Band Members Include:
Longtime friend Johnny Mills on steel guitar, a member of Ambush for over 30 years; Guitarist/vocalist Dave Renick, who regularly drives from Poplar Bluff to perform with Ambush; Johnny Wooldridge, on bass guitar, sax, harmonica, hand percussion, and vocals, has been in several versions of the Ambush band over the years; Bryan Voyles, a longtime drummer from the area and the newest member of the band.
Roy’s son, Terry, works hard as equipment manager and sound technician to make sure everything arrives on time and sounds as it should.
Thanks to concert sponsors, all concerts in the series are FREE to the public. "Roy Whaley's Country Rock Revival Featuring the Ambush Band" is sponsored by First State Community Bank.
- All the concerts are FREE to the public.
- All concerts will be held at the Park Hills Amphitheater in Columbia Park with the exception of the July 4th concert, which will be held at the Park Hills Sports Complex prior to the City's Annual Fireworks Display.
- Guests should bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating.
- No alcohol is allowed at the concerts.
- Other concerts in the series to be held August 11. Check the Park Hills - Leadington Chamber Calendar on these dates for complete concert details.
- For more information, or incase of inclement weather, contact the Park Hills Parks & Recreation Department at 573-431-0478.