Downtown Park Hills Scarecrow Contest
The Downtown Park Hills Association is hosting its 2nd Annual Scarecrow Contest!
All downtown businesses are invited to participate! Just register your participation, create a scarecrow to display in front of your business, and then invite your friends, family, customers, whomever you'd like, to vote for your creation on the Downtown Park Hills Facebook Page.
Rules & Guidelines:
- This contest is open to all Downtown Park Hills Association Members and Downtown Park Hills Businesses. If you are unsure if your business qualifies, contact the Downtown Park Hills Association at 573-431-3577, ext. 37.
- Register your participation on the Park Hills - Leadington Chamber of Commerce's Website ASAP. There is no fee to enter.
- Create your scarecrow and have it up for display no later than OCTOBER 15, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. then call Tammi at 573-431-3577, Ext. 37 to let us know your scarecrow is ready for photographing.
- Scarecrows must be placed near your storefront. Please refrain from blocking sidewalk accessibility.
- Hay bales, pumpkins, mums, and other accessories are allowed for decorating around your scarecrow, but again, we ask that you please do not block access to sidewalk traffic.
- Notify the Downtown Park Hills Association as soon as your scarecrow is ready and a rep will be by to take a photo of your entry. We will post all photos on the Downtown Park Hills Association's Facebook Page on October 15, 2020.
- Invite people to vote for your scarecrow by clicking "LIKE" on the photo of your scarecrow on the DPHA Facebook page. Be sure to share the link to your scarecrow's photo from the DPHA's Facebook Page to encourage voting. ONLY "Likes" on the ORIGINAL PHOTO will be counted as votes. The photo with the most likes at 6:30 p.m. on October 31, 2020, will be named the winner. The winner will be announced at the Association's Annual Trunk N Treat on the 31st and the traveling plaque will be delivered to the winner on Monday, November 2, 2020.
- The winner will receive bragging rights and the traveling custom plaque to display in your business for one year. Each year's winner will be listed on the back of the plaque permanently.
- You are responsible for removing your scarecrow and any debris from your display once the contest has concluded.
For questions, please contact the Downtown Park Hills Association at 573-431-3577, Ext. 37.