16th Annual Firecracker Run
16th Annual Firecracker Run
Sponsored by Parkland Health Mart Pharmacy & Jerry's Fireworks
Hosted by The Park Hills - Leadington Chamber of Commerce
Benefiting the Park Hills - Leadington Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund!
SATURDAY, JUNE 29, 2019
- 1-Mile Walk or Run
- 5K Walk or Run
- 3-Person Business Team Challenge
- Patriotic Costume Contest
- Begins & Ends at Central High School
- T-Shirts to the First 100 Entries
- Timed By Cape Road Runners
- All Ages Welcome
- Awards: Awards for Best Overall Male and Female and Top Three Male/Female Per Category in Both Runs. Traveling Trophy for the Winning Business Team. Gift Basket to the Best Patriotic Attire.
- Participation Ribbons: All participants will receive a participation ribbon.
- The Course: The race will begin and end at Central High School. Miles will be marked.
- Official Timing: 1-Mile & 5K Runners will be timed by the Cape Road Runners. WALKERS will NOT be timed.
- T-Shirts: Commemorative shirt to the first 100 entrants. Sizes based on availability.
- Early Registration: Registration fee if paid by June 26: Individual $20.00, Family $35.00.
- Regular Registration Fees: Registration fee if paid after June 26: $25.00 for each runner/walker.
- Family Discounts: Not available on Race Day.
- Registration/ Check In: Begins at 7:00 a.m. on race day.
- Race Start Times: The 1 Mile Run begins at 8:00 a.m. The 5K Run begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Patriotic Cosutme Contest: Dress in your best patriotic attire for a chance to win a special 4-th of July Gift Basket compliments of Jerry's Fireworks, Parkland Health Mart Pharmacy, & the Park Hills - Leadington Chamber of Commerce.
- 3-Person Business Team Challenge: Businesses, assemble your team! Send three participants to race; we'll combine their scores for the best local business team! Your business will recieve a Traveling Trophy to display in your business the entire next year! Come back in 2020 to defend your trophy!
- Health & Wellness Gallary: This year we're hosting a health and wellness gallary! If you have services or products you would like to showcase prior to the race, here's you opportunity! No product sales allowed. Set up your displays, samples, and informational materials for participants to view and discuss. No charge to participate. Contact the Chamber Office for more information.
- New Age Groups: 10 & Under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50 & Up.
- Early Bird Registration Giveaway: Register before June 10 and be entered to win a St. Louis Cardinals Baseball Gift Basket, including a pair of Cardinal Baseball Tickets, compliments of Parkland Health Mart Pharmacy!
- $500 Fireworks Package Giveaway: One lucky participant will receive a Fireworks Package valued at $500 courtesy of Jerry's Fireworks. Must be present to win! Winners under the age of 18 must have a qualified adult present to collect the prize.
A portion of your registration fee goes to the Park Hills - Leadington Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund. Providing a graduating, Central High School Student, who will be attending one of our local colleges - Mineral Area College, Central Methodist University, or Missouri Baptist University - with a $2,000* scholarship to assist with tuition, books, and/or other college necessities.*$500 per semester, renewable for up to four consecutive semesters