The Doe Run Company
Buick Resource Recycling
Boss, MO 65440, USA
Do you enjoy working independently & problem solving? The Doe Run Company is seeking an Instrumentation Tech to support operations by ensuring the instruments involved are functional and calibrated properly while safely maintaining production goals. This position will be at the Resource Recycling Facility in Boss, MO.
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain and conduct periodic calibration of instruments on a wide range of equipment such as analyzers, PLC and process control equipment, communications network, environmental emission and data logging equipment for environmental compliance, operating cameras and field monitoring equipment
- Rebuild equipment, including requisition and order parts, tear down, and re-build existing equipment, as needed.
- Install, program, and calibrate new equipment. Evaluate latest technologies for feasibility and efficiencies.
- Train operational staff on proper use of equipment.
- Create drawings and documents for future reference. Maintain records of maintenance projects
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with process control instrumentation, electrical, and industrial electronics.
- Associate’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Technical Degree in Electronics or related field preferred.
- High school Diploma required.
- Valid, current driver’s license.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of measurement test equipment, reading wire diagrams, and schematics.
- Understanding PLC programming and drives.
- Exposure to ladder logic or function block preferred.
- Regularly required to work underground (mining division only) and near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and wet, humid (non-weather) conditions.
- Occasionally required to wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to, fall protection, a respirator, hearing protection, footwear, and eyewear.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to use repetitive motion and reach with hands/arms.
- Requires clarity of vision and three-dimensional vision.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on your start date! In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to help you grow and develop within our organization with ample opportunities for advancement.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.
1 year: Experience with process control instrumentation, electrical, and industrial electronics.
Type of Employment: Full Time Postion
Required Experience: 1 Year