Electrical Engineer II
The Doe Run Company
Centerville, MO 63633, USA
Do you have at least 3 years of hand on experience as an Electrical Engineer? The Doe Run Company is seeking an Electrical Engineer II to plan, maintain, and coordinate electrical maintenance, upgrades, new installs and day-to-day jobs. This position provides electrical engineering support to minimize downtime, increase profitability, and maintain compliance with government and environmental safety standards for our Southeast Mining and Milling Division located near Viburnum, MO.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment. Provide maintenance on existing systems to keep them running.
- Complete electrical maintenance planning, budgeting, and upgrades for preventative maintenance. Perform reactive maintenance by completing root cause failure analysis and identifying how to prevent future issues.
- Supervise electricians and instrumentation techs on day-to-day activities. Follow National Electrical Code so repairs are made correctly, safely, and efficiently.
- Serve as a project manager which includes detail scope of work, provide specifications, plan, coordinate, budget, and hire outside contractors if necessary. Send materials list out for bid and keep costs in line with budget.
- Hoist audits and debugging, safety audits, walk around the site to check on issues and corrections, and monitor systems installed.
- Review current electrical drawings and schematics and document what has changed, added, or deleted; assure documentation supports the equipment with technical drawings, plans, schematics, and procedures.
- Design new and replacement control systems by evaluating appropriate electrical system upgrades.
- Review and complete time sheets, work orders, project management sheets, ordered parts, and various paperwork, reports, and forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Valid, current driver's license.
- Minimum of 3 + years hands on experience as an electrical engineer.
- Experience working with electrical control systems.
- Supervisory experience.
- Project Management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, ERP systems & time management systems.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work with employees at all levels.
- Knowledge of various surface electrical grids required; underground electrical grids as bonus.
- Ability to create and read electrical prints.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety rules and regulations.
- Must be very familiar with National Electrical Code.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Occasionally required to work underground.
- Occasionally required to work in confined spaces.
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions and wet, humid (non-weather) conditions.
- Regularly required to work near moving mechanical parts.
- Regularly required to wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to, fall protection, a respirator, hearing protection and eyewear.
- Occasionally required to wear PPE for arc flash.
- May be exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk and hear.
- Occasionally required to use repetitive motion and reach with hands/arms.
- Requires clarity of vision and three-dimensional vision.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world's largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, MO. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
All health and welfare benefits as well as 401K are effective on your start date! In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement to help you grow and develop within our organization with ample opportunities for advancement.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.
Microsoft Office, Advanced
Verbal Communication, Intermediate
Oral Communication, Intermediate
Bachelors or better in Electrical Engineering or related field.
Experience working with electrical control systems.
3 years: Electrical Engineering experience
Project management experience.
Licenses & Certifications Required
Personal Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Type of Employment: Full Time Postion
Required Experience: 3 Years