Maintenance Mechanic II
The Doe Run Company
Buick Resource Recycling
Boss, MO 65440, USA
The Doe Run Company is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic II to maintain Doe Run Company equipment in order to ensure process safety and minimize division downtime in Boss, MO.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Provide scheduled maintenance and repairs.
- Work with Level I and III Maintenance personnel in order to provide effective, timely, and efficient repair and maintenance service.
- Assist in the installation of new equipment and the modification of existing equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- Three to five years of industrial experience or equivalent vocational training.
- At least 2.5 years of experience in a mechanical maintenance role.
- Valid Driver's License.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must complete Doe Run Company maintenance training program or equivalent and pass a Level II Maintenance Assessment Test.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Ability to operate mobile equipment, including cranes, fork lifts, skid steer loaders, etc.
- Working knowledge of metal fabrication, hydraulics/pneumatics, refractory work, bearings/seals, welding, pipe fitting, pump repair, mechanical repairs, and construction maintenance.
- Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, I-Series, AS400/PeopleSoft.
- Ability to read and draw schematics/blueprints.
- Demonstrated skill in using small hand tools, advanced measuring, and basic mathematical calculations.
Work Environment & Physical Requirements:
- Regularly required to wear personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, respirator, hearing protection and eyewear, and exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to wet, humid conditions, vibration, and extreme heat.
- Occasionally works in confined spaces and/or at heights of four feet or more, with fall protection.
- Exposed to loud noise levels.
- Regularly requires hearing and reaching with hands/arms.
- Frequently requires talking, feeling attributes of objects, grasping, pushing, standing, walking, and repetitive movement.
- Occasionally requires sitting, driving, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and climbing or balancing.
- Requires clarity of vision, three-dimensional vision, the ability to judge distance and spatial relationships, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Regularly required to lift up to 15 pounds; frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
Based in St. Louis, The Doe Run Company is a privately held natural resources company and one of the largest integrated lead producers in the Western Hemisphere. Dedicated to environmentally responsible mineral and metal production, Doe Run has facilities in Missouri, Washington and Arizona and operates one of the world's largest, single-site lead recycling facilities, located in Boss, MO. Using innovative mining techniques, Doe Run skillfully taps one of the largest lead deposits in the world.
As stewards of the mineral resources in our care, we strive to provide premium services and products to people who share our belief in enhancing the quality of life. You may view our sustainability report located at http://sustainability.doerun.com/.
The Doe Run Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all areas, including but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, selection, training, education, compensation, benefits, promotion, job transfer, upgrading, separation and recall regardless of the individual's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, and/or other protected categories under all Federal, State, and local laws. For more information, please click on the following links: About the EEO law and EEO law supplement.
Microsoft Office, Novice
High School or better.
Must complete Doe Run Company maintenance training program or equivalent and pass a Level II Maintenance Assessment Test.
2 years: Experience in a mechanical maintenance role.
3 years: Industrial experience or equivalent vocational training.
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
Personal Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Type of Employment: Full Time Postion
Required Experience: 2 Years,3 Years