The St. Francois County Auditor's Office is seeking to hire an Audit Specialist
Location: St. Francois County Annex
Salary Range: $16-$18/hr
Job Code: AUDSPEC2021
Travel Time: Limited
Position Type: Full-Time/35 Hours Per Week
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Audit Specialist is responsible for assisting the Audit Manager as directed; conducts financial and operational duties for the County. The Audit Specialist is responsible for examining the accuracy and completeness of records and preparing journal entries accordingly. Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain fixed assets and inventory items, including inventory counts and depreciation calculations
- Perform physical inventory counts.
- Prepare and submit reimbursements for the County.
- Maintain charge account files.
- Audit County information for compliance with County policy and Missouri State Statutes
- Review and prepare monthly financials along with preparing journal entries as needed
- Assist with auditing procedures or other staff as needed
A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Business, with a minimum 3 years of auditing or accounting experience. Applicants without an Accounting degree must have a minimum of 5 years or more of auditing or accounting experience.
Applicants must have the following skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Knowledge of financial software
Type of Employment: Full Time Postion
Required Experience: 3 Years